I am looking for pattern testers
Interested in pattern testing for me?
The testing phase of the pattern is a key component of my pattern development process. When a pattern is ready, all sizes must be represented equally for each round of pattern testing. I am looking for testers in all size groups. See the sizes/measurements below.
Sizes/measurements – Inches
Sizes/measurements – Centimeter
If you are interested in pattern testing, here is what you need to know:
- I am looking for sewists on an advanced level or confident advanced-beginners. You should be familiar with using sewing patterns and feel comfortable executing basic skills like installing zippers, buttonholes, setting in sleeves, etc.
- You must be interested in sewing construction, comfortable following directions, and articulating where clarity or corrections are needed to improve instructions and construction order.
- You must be able to take multiple well-lit photos of garments from various angles so I can correctly assess fit. Testers are under no obligation to share their final makes on social media or blogs since we use this process primarily to refine and improve our sewing patterns internally. I occasionally share testing photos after launch because our customers like to see patterns on various figures, but we only do so with permission. Granting permission to use photos is not a requirement for pattern tests.
- The pattern comes in sizes UK 4-24, USA 0-20, EUR 32-52
- The pattern is a print-at-home format (a4), as well as the instructions.
- The pattern will be provided to you free of charge before testing, and the final version will be provided once the pattern is released to the public. In addition to receiving the final copy of the finished. testers who fulfill the feedback requirements and meet the testing deadline on time. will receive a pdf pattern from Cutlinepatter.com of your choice.
- You can make any version of the pattern you like.
- In general, we give 1-2 weeks to assemble supplies after confirming participation and 2-3 weeks to make the finished garment, depending on complexity.
- A Facebook group will be created so you can share your progress on the test and get feedback from other testers! This is the most fun part.
Interested? Sign up by fill out the survey below!